Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Moved sources from win32 to linux and failed to compile

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:56:33 +0200
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 16.07.04 19:13:11:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:22:57PM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> > But failed to do the ./autogen.sh step, because I got "permission
> > denied" from the bash (or some child process of it?).
>

> Is autogen.sh executable? [\ls -la autogen.sh] (unlikely reason)
> Is the directory writeable? [\ls -lad .] (likely reason)

Thanks for your response.

Sometimes you stand right in front of the big snake ...

autogen.sh wasn't executable.

chmod -R 744 * fixed it

now the bash/compiler is doing it's job ...

As mentioned, it's a long time ago, when I was hacking on the sun ...

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199