Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Support for GMPLS UNI and E-NNI

From: Morro Roberto <Roberto.Morro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:04:37 +0200
Title: Support for GMPLS UNI and E-NNI

Hello All,
I'm new on this mailing list, so, please, forgive me if this is not the right place to submit code updates. In such a case, I would be very grateful to someone who can explain me how to do it. Otherwise you can find in the attached zip file some updates to OSPF and RSVP dissectors that I implemented in order to analyze the new objects/TLV defined by OIF.

<<ethereal-OIF.zip>>
This code has been extensively used (at Telecom Italia and Deutsche Telekom premises) during the preparation of the world interoperability demo organized by OIF (http://www.oiforum.com/public/supercomm_2004.html).

In order to keep all (at my knowledge) previous changes in the dissectors for RSVP and OSPF, my changes were applied to packet-rsvp.c, packet-rsvp.h and packet-ospf.c contained in the last public source code (ethereal-0.10.5.tar.gz).

In particular the changes are:
RSVP:
* implementation of LABEL_SET dissector
* implementation of CALL_ID dissector
* updating UNI_IPV4_SESSION c-type from 9 to 11
* implementation of E_NNI_IPV4_SESSION
* changes to GENERALIZED_UNI dissector in order to discriminate between EGRESS_LABEL subobject and SPC_LABEL suboject
* new entries added to table gmpls_sonet_signal_type_str and change of scope from static to "public".

OSPF:
* Link Local/Remote Identifier TLV shown as decimal/hexadecimal (as they are unnumbered)
* Added analysis of "specific information fields" in Interface Switching capability descriptor TLV for PSC and TDM interface types

* Implementation of new (Sub)-TLVs defined in document OIF2003.259.02; specifically: TNA_TLV, LOCAL_NODE_ID, REMOTE_NODE_ID, SONED_SDH_SWITCHING_CAPABILITY, TNA_IPV4_ADDRESS, NODE_ID, TNA_IPV6_ADDRESS, TNA_NSAP_ADDRESS

Best Regards
  Roberto

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
MailAdmin@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you