Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Support for GMPLS UNI and E-NNI

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:27:53 -0700
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 04:04:37PM +0200, Morro Roberto wrote:
> I'm new on this mailing list, so, please, forgive me if this is not the
> right place to submit code updates. In such a case, I would be very
> grateful to someone who can explain me how to do it. Otherwise you can
> find in the attached zip file some updates to OSPF and RSVP dissectors
> that I implemented in order to analyze the new objects/TLV defined by
> OIF.

It's better to submit changes as patches ("diff -c" or "diff -u") rather
than as new versions of files - if new versions of files are submitted,
but the files have changed since the new versions were constructed, it
makes it harder to merge the two sets of changes.

> In particular the changes are:

> OSPF:
> * Link Local/Remote Identifier TLV shown as decimal/hexadecimal (as they
> are unnumbered)

It changes the MPLS_LINK_LOCAL_ID value of 11 and the
MPLS_LINK_REMOTE_ID value of 12 to an MPLS_LINK_LOCAL_REMOTE_ID value of
11; is a sub-tlv type value of 12 for MPLS_TLV_LINK not valid?