Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Can't make on Windows with Visual C++ on latest CVS

From: "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:00:56 -0700
I completely deleted my distro and then downloaded the current CVS
again. When running nmake -f makefile.nmake then the makefile in the
epan directory returns the following error.

Making register.c (using python)
C:/python22/python.exe: can't open file '..'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:/python22/python.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.

It appears that the running of the make-reg-dotc.py is failing in the
epan makefile.nmake.

register.c: $(DISSECTOR_SRC)
!IFDEF PYTHON
	@echo Making register.c (using python)
	@$(PYTHON) ../make-reg-dotc.py . $(DISSECTOR_SRC)
!ELSE
	@echo Making register.c (using sh)
	@$(SH) ../make-reg-dotc register.c . $(DISSECTOR_SRC)
!ENDIF

Is this due to some of the changes for the shared lib support?

Greg