Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Which autotools versions are used?

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:13:40 +0100
Hi all,

As I'd like to do some cleanup of the autotools scripts, I'd like to know
which autotools versions are used on the various Ethereal build environments
out there. There are known issues with early releases of autoconf, and the
autoconf syntax has changed a little (e.g., AC_OUTPUT).

Just run the following from the command line of your shell:
$ for i in autoconf automake libtool ; do $i --version ; done

For an up-to-date CygWin/WinXP this yields:

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.9
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5 (1.1220.2.1 2003/04/14 22:48:00)

Regards,

Olivier