Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Which autotools versions are used?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:33:28 -0800
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:13:40PM +0100, Biot Olivier wrote:
> Just run the following from the command line of your shell:
> $ for i in autoconf automake libtool ; do $i --version ; done

For a system where your shell is tcsh this yields:

	for: Command not found.
	i: Undefined variable.

(I don't have the Korn shell, and really *don't* like incremental search
and thus haven't switched to bash).

I.e., run that *if* your login shell is a Bourne-compatible shell; if
not, start up some Bourne-compatible shell and run it.

If I run it from FreeBSD 3.4's Bourne-shell clone, I get:

	autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
	automake (GNU automake) 1.6
	ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05 19:32:58)

I tried earlier versions without success - I think those are the minimum
versions required.