Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Which autotools versions are used?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:11:25 +0100
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:13:40PM +0100, Biot Olivier wrote:
> As I'd like to do some cleanup of the autotools scripts, I'd like to know
> which autotools versions are used on the various Ethereal build environments
> out there. There are known issues with early releases of autoconf, and the
> autoconf syntax has changed a little (e.g., AC_OUTPUT).

We just increased the acceptable versions of the auto-tools to the
versions mentioned in autogen.sh While I don't mind updating my tools,
I don't think I want to cause any more havoc with other people's
build tools/processes. The updates before were needed in order to create
libethereal and build it without having to move all the files immediately.
If there are no serious problems with the currently accepted versions
I'd prefer to work around the problems of the current tools.
Just my personal opinion though.

 Ciao
    Jï¿œrg