Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problems with autogen and Mandrake

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:19:48 -0800
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:31:51PM -0500, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> Seems like every time I turn around, Ethereal doesn't compile against
> Mandrake because of Mandrake's toolchain.  Perhaps it's time to bite the
> bullet and cut over to Red Hat.

What are the other problems?

(I.e., is this something that should be treated as a set of Mandrake
deficiencies or a set of Ethereal deficiencies?  If there are a
significant number of UN*Xes that come with a complete set of the tools
that Ethereal needs - so that, by default, you *wouldn't* download the
latest versions of the tools - on which Ethereal can't be built, that
might perhaps argue that Ethereal should be fixed to work with those
tools, not that everybody with Mandrake or... should have to replace the
built-in tools with newer versions.)