Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Please Compile the ethereal once on window bef ore every rele

From: "HOOD, Andy" <ahood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:53:24 +1000

I very rarely have trouble compiling Ethereal CVS on Slackware. configure
then make is usually enough.

The most I ever have to do is 'make distclean', re-run the auto* stuff,
configure and make.

If there is a problem it is usually that a new subdir has been created and
the Makefile doesn't cause the .deps to be built. Why is this done by
configure and not by make?

AIX is another matter altogether :-(

Regards,
Andrew Hood
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer you
didn't even know existed can render your own computer unusable. --
Leslie Lamport, as quoted in CACM, June 1992

<<application/ms-tnef>>