Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Patches to make Ethereal 0.9.15 compile with MVC

From: "Schipper, Martijn" <martijn.schipper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:46:51 -0400
> > Did you also integrate the SDK with your VC installation?
>
> Yes, but running VCVARS32.BAT sorts things out for ethereal, as
mentioned
> in
> win32-README.txt

README.win32 states:
"When installing MSVC++, you can have your
system's environment set up to always allow compiling from the
command line, or you can invoke the vcvars32.bat script"

So someone can think it is not necessary to run this batch file.
If you try to link ethereal without running vcvars32.bat first does that
work in your environment? If not, maybe it is better to apply my patch
and be independent of running this batch file?

> <SNIP>
>
> > > I would expect the files to require U*ix line endings as they are
for
> > use
> > > by
> > > U*ix tools.
>

> > Can we distribute these files in this format? Or does Winzip do the
> > conversion for you so that they are always in DOS format?
>
> Further checking shows that the CVS versions are in fact DOS
formatted,
> and
> my version of the cygwin tools eats them quite happily.  Is this
related
> a local environment setting in Cygwin for line endings ?

I remember there was an option in the installer. I don't know what I
selected. I don't know how I can change this behavior afterwards. Do you
know?

> > Because the default COMMON_FILES_GNU contains a space (e.g. \Program
> > Files\) you are passing more arguments without the quotes.
> >

> Agreed

So maybe we should also add these quotes around $(NET_SNMP_DIR)?
(/DNET_SNMP_DIR="$(NET_SNMP_DIR)"). Maybe someone has a space in that
path too.

Regards,

Martijn Schipper.