Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Another Windows-only sniffer: PacScope ...

From: Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:34:41 -0400
Is it worthwhile to try and bring that page up to date?

There appears to be some misinformation, and some stuff that has recently been added that would change yes's to no's.

It also appears that an "expert" mode seems to be the biggest pitfall of using ethereal... I personally don't know what would normally be in such a mode. I could imagine that some "expert" features are burried in the normal protocol dissectors (and might also need to be enabled in the preferences before first use... like the overlooked http reassembly)).

Should there be any effort to correlate the entries in the table with official wish list items?