Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] H245 dissector

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:33:22 +1000
Hi telco people

I think the alternative dissector for H245 is making very good progress now
and will be considering to check it in properly into ethereal during the
weekend, unless someone has any reservations.

It currently dissects all 20-30 capture files I have properly and very few
NOT_DECODED_YET instances remains in what probably is the normal type of
H245 packets.

If you have any captures which are interesting, eihter by the alternatie
dissector misdissecting soemthing
or by ethereal putting "something unknown here" == something it doesnt yet
know how to decode due to lack
och captures with that construct,   please mail them to the list or to
myself.

Since I dont have any standards to verify with (except a random h245v9.txt
file from packetyzer.com and  the x691 pdf from a asn1 site) all donations
of proper itu-t specifications relevant to this protocol or h225 would be
most welcome.

I would also really appreciate if anyone interested in h323 that knew how
IA5String and the NumericString types were defined to please tell me since i
cant find this in my two doc files(see above) for h245.

have fun and rock on
    ronnie sahlberg