Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] MTP3 error in retrieving SLS

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:39:04 +0200
Hi Michael,

thank you very much for the report. You are right, it is a bug. A fix
has been committed to the CVS.

Best regards
Michael

On Tuesday, Jul 8, 2003, at 23:43 Europe/Berlin, Michael Lum wrote:

Ethereal 0.9.13.

The function dissect_mtp3_routing_label() appears to have an error.
I believe the offset specified for the sls is incorrect (ITU_STANDARD),
I believe it should be ITU_SLS_OFFSET not ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET.

In the protocol tree the value is incorrect, from the variable 'sls', but
the correct octet is highlighted in the hex dump.

  switch (mtp3_standard) {
  case ITU_STANDARD:
    label_item = proto_tree_add_text(mtp3_tree, tvb,
ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET,
                                     ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_LENGTH, "Routing
label");
    label_tree = proto_item_add_subtree(label_item, ett_mtp3_label);

    label = tvb_get_letohl(tvb, ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET);
    sls   = tvb_get_guint8(tvb, ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET);

    proto_tree_add_uint(label_tree, hf_mtp3_itu_dpc, tvb,
ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET, ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_LENGTH,
                        label);
    proto_tree_add_uint(label_tree, hf_mtp3_itu_opc, tvb,
ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_OFFSET, ITU_ROUTING_LABEL_LENGTH,
                        label);
proto_tree_add_uint(label_tree, hf_mtp3_itu_sls, tvb, ITU_SLS_OFFSET,
                        ITU_SLS_LENGTH, sls);

--
Michael Lum                          Architect
4600 Jacombs Road               (604) 276-0055

Winner of the 2003 GSM Association Award
for Technology Innovation
Best Infrastructure