Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] H.245 testing together with h323 plugin

From: Ruud Linders <moztest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:00:52 +0200

All,

I decided to give Ronnie's H245 decoder a try but didn't want to click
on the H245 frames to use "decode as"

So I combined Andreas' h323 plugin with the "alth245" decoder.  Changing
find_dissector("h245") to find_dissector("alth245") was easy but during
registration (Line 2137 in epan/proto.c).
Obviously there was a conflict somewhere which I fixed the quick-and-dirty
way by globally renaming every occurence of 245 to 999 in packet-h245.c
(except the alth245 protocol name).

Ethereal is now decoding the h323 traces including the h245 using the new
decocer.  So far results look very good (no crashes :-) ).

Also a problem I had with Andreas' plugin, some optional h245 bit fields
showing up in the middle window while ALL bytes in the lower hex window
selected, seem to have been solved.

If anybody wants a copy of this h323 plugin (Linux, ethereal 0.9.13) I can
try to E-mail it (1.3MB gzipped)

I have been using Andreas' plugin under Linux/Solaris for a long time and
fairly happy with it but I never liked building all the C++ stuff (takes
at least as long as everything else together) and it doesn't even compile
anymore with gcc3.2+

Regards,
	Ruud Linders