Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] GTK+ 2.2 performance?

From: Olivier Abad <oabad@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:11:46 -0000
Le ven 06/06/2003 à 17:58, Gerald Combs a écrit :
> A while back there was a discussion on this list about the GTK2's (lack
> of) performance:
>
>     http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200210/msg00111.html
>
> Since then GTK+ 2.2 has been released.  Does anyone know if the
> performance has improved?

I just upgraded to pango 1.2.3 and rendering performance is much better.

Here is the time needed to open a sample capture file :
- pango 1.2.1 : 2'34"
- pango 1.2.3 : 1'46"
- gtk1.2      : 1'

I didn't try the new gtk+ version (because it is not available in Debian
yet : I'm using glib 2.2.2 and gtk+ 2.2.1).

Olivier
--
Q: Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?
A: Because a sheep can hear the sound of a zipper from fifty feet away.