Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Creating a Clear Display Button

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:09:58 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Santinoli"
Subject: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Creating a Clear Display Button

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:38:19PM -0700, S. Faizi wrote:
> > After each test, I want to be able to clear screen with one click
> > without having to stop and start. How difficult would this be to
> > implement? Any tips on where to start would be appreciated. Or if
> > someone can easily implement this feature, I would appreciate as well.
>
> There was a patch by Santeri Paavolainen (IIRC) hanging around some time
> ago. I found it quite useful and I wonder why it wasn't checked in.
> (A "User-contributed patches" section on the website would be useful for
> those addictions which share the same fate...).

there are many reasons a patch is not included into cvs, often due to it
being forgotten
and drowning among all other emails on the list when the developers are
busy.

if the patch is just forgotten and was ignored without anyone commenting on
it, it may just be that
the developers did not have time to check it in immediately and then it got
forgotten.
In that case, i think the contributor should just wait one or two weeks and
then repost it again asking for comments.