Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] compile problem by using VC++

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:54:51 -0800
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:31:15PM +0000, Wutthichai Luangpradit wrote:
> I have a problem to compile Ethereal from source code under VC++.

(And I have a problem reading HTML mail in mutt; others may have mail
readers that don't do HTML well, either - please send text mail to the
Ethereal mailing lists if possible.)

> I downloaded source code of Ethereal v.  0.9.7, Glib v.  1.3.1, GTK+
> v.1.2.7, and Zlib v.1.1.4.  As I read from readme.win32 it provides
> instruction for MS Visual C.  Is it possible to use VC++ in
> compilation?

Yes.  "Visual C++" is really both a C compiler and a C++ compiler; as
Ethereal is written in C, not C++, the documentation speaks of "Visual
C", but perhaps it should say "Visual C++" instead.