Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Problem building on win32

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:35:14 -0000
> In this case, however, nobody's yet indicated *what* file is including
> winsock.h; it could conceivably be one of the SNMP headers, as was
> suggested, although
>
> 	1) no header file in the Ethereal source itself includes
> 	   any SNMP header;
>
> 	2) gtk/capture_dlg.c, one file that had the problem, doesn't
> 	   include any SNMP header;
>
> so it can't *solely* be blamed on an SNMP header.

According to Source Navigator (and windows find) the only ?? places
including winsock.h are Packet32.h and BPF.h in WinPCap, and 109 headers in
Net-SNMP which I can't be bothered to enumerate.

Winsock2.h is only included by 7 headers, 2 in wiretap and 5 in epan.

Are we fighting a fundamental mismatch here, and should Ethereal revert back
to winsock.h ?  I'll try a test build later today.

Graham Bloice

PS No need to CC, I'm subscribed to the list.