Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Problem compiling 0.9.7

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:57:38 -0800
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 08:49:52AM +0000, Geoff wrote:
> I am attaching it.

Sigh.  The problem is that when the top-level configure script adds the
compiler flags used to build GTK+ applications to CFLAGS before the test
for zlib is done, which means that the test for zlib will find the
crufty old zlib that's often part of X11R6 and think zlib is too old to
use, while the configure script for Wiretap doesn't even check for GTK+,
so its test for zlib will often find a newer good-enough-to-use system
zlib.

We might not want to add the GTK+ flags to CFLAGS, although checking
whether that breaks anything, and fixing stuff it does break, might be a
bit of work.