Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] stricter GCC (was: Re: [Patch] iostat win32 build)

From: "John McDermott" <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:22:55 -0700

Jason House wrote:

Is there any flags to GCC that should be passed to make it act more like
stricter compilers?  I know there are things such as -ansi and many,
many, other flags.  One or more of them should be good for making the
common source contributor notice small problems with other compilers.

Just to be clear, Guy was correct. labels require statements; the null statement ends with a semicolon. This is not a "problem" with other compilers, it is an extra leniency of gcc.

I propose
-std=c99
as a possible option to use. That would ensure compliance with C99 which is ISO/IEC 9899.

--john

--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant