Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] stricter GCC (was: Re: [Patch] iostat win32 build)

From: Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:36:37 -0500
Guy Harris wrote:
> Developers, *PLEASE* read the "Portability" section of
> "README.developer", and don't do what it tells you not to do.  GCC is
> *not* the only compiler used to compile Ethereal; the mere fact that the
> code happens to compile with GCC doesn't mean it's valid C code.

Is there any flags to GCC that should be passed to make it act more like
stricter compilers?  I know there are things such as -ansi and many,
many, other flags.  One or more of them should be good for making the
common source contributor notice small problems with other compilers.

I don't know enough about the various compiler features on ethereal
supported platforms and explicit ANSI standards, etc... to make a
judgement call on which flags should be added to various compilers.