Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [Patch] iostat win32 build

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:53:58 -0800
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:09:42PM -0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
> This is a duplicate of my earlier message
> http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200212/msg00013.html
>
> As the developers guide notes:

Developers, *PLEASE* read the "Portability" section of
"README.developer", and don't do what it tells you not to do.  GCC is
*not* the only compiler used to compile Ethereal; the mere fact that the
code happens to compile with GCC doesn't mean it's valid C code.

> My patch just added null statements, I was too lazy to go the extra mile for
> break as well.

I checked in Jason's patch, as I thought the "break" statements made the
code look (and read) a little better.