Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FT_UINT64

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:46:14 -0800
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 02:07:12PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> I've updated the BOOTP/DHCP dissector not to use "tvb_get_ntohll()", but
> to use "uto64h()" on the result of "tvb_get_ptr()" instead (although it
> may be that the field in question (the "Replay Detection Value" for
> option 210, "DHCP Authentication") is best thought of as an array of
> bytes rather than as a 64-bit integer, in which case we should probably
> use "bytes_to_str()", at least until the BOOTP/DHCP dissector has more
> filterable fields added.

How it's to be interpreted depends on the value of another field in the
option.

Also, the DHCP authentication option is 90, not 210, according to RFC
3118; I've update the dissector to handle 90 and 210 (was 210 used
before RFC 3118 was published?), and made some other changes to the DHCP
authentication code.