Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Plugin API

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:24:59 +0100
We write some plugins but we are not able to compile plugins without
adding following lines to plugin_api.h:

extern addr_check_col       p_check_col;
extern addr_col_clear       p_col_clear;
extern addr_col_add_fstr    p_col_add_fstr;
extern addr_get_CDR_boolean p_get_CDR_boolean;

We use WinNT and MS VC 6.0 or Borland C++ compiler 5.5.
Linker can not link plugin because p_... symbols are unknown without
those externs.
With this change all works fine.
Where can be our mistake? Why we can not compile it without changes in
common file? Does anybody some advice?

  Thanks,
    Tom Kukosa