Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] visited,marked flags info

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gilramir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:09:41 -0600
Frank Singleton wrote:

> Jeff Foster wrote:

Let me rephrase it.

When a capture file is initially loaded, all "visited" flags
are 0. Ethereal then makes the first pass through file,
sequentially dissecting each packet. After the packet is
dissected the first time, "visited" is 1. (See the end of
dissect_packet() in epan/packet.c; that's the code that
sets "visited" to 1).

By the time a user clicks on a packet, "visited" will already
be 1 because Ethereal will have already done its first pass
through the packets.

Reload acts just like a normal Close/Open, except that it
doesn't need to ask for a filename. So yes, the reload button
clears the flags and re-dissects the file, just as if the file
had been "opened".

--gilbert