Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal on Win2K

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:56:28 -0500
When you change the interfaces within Ethereal, do all three work depending
on the network, dial-up, etc you are on?

Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx> on 03/07/2001 05:34:11 PM

To:  mario.llossas@xxxxxx
cc:  ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal on Win2K

When you dock your laptop, your network may run over a different network
interface.  Ethereal does not try to figure out which interface is
currently active and defaults to the first available interface.  With my
laptop, I have 3 different interfaces.  One for docked, one for
undocked, and one for dial-up.