Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: new add-on: Hethereal

From: Hartmut Mueller <hartmut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:06:08 +0100
Hello,

I am a little bit confused. I expected humiliating discussions about coding
style rather than none of the devellopers in this list commenting on
hethereal at all.

Personally I believe hethereal is great
- where you can or must place a dedicated computer for capturing
- where you work with several OSs on your desktop
- for dial-in access, e.g. facility management / remote administration

Please tell us what you think of hethereal. We know that it needs to be
improved, but we would like to have it included in the CVS if there are no
objections.

Yours, Hartmut

On Tuesday,  6. March 2001 22:46, Carsten Buchenau wrote:

> Hethereal provides an HTML interface to Ethereal. It uses a lot of
> Javascript and was successfully testet against Netscape-4.76 (Linux) and
> IE-5.5. Unfortunately Konqueror doesn't work and Mozilla (Linux) has big
> trouble with frames. We also use the cgihtml library, a C-API to
> CGI-environment. See below.
>
> You can see Hethereal in action on
> 	http://www.abmlinux.org/cgi-bin/hethereal.cgi.
>
> This is part of our (3 students) diploma work and is intented to build a
> protocol-analysator based on an Embedded-PC running Linux, so the only
> interface shall be the Apache (mod_ssl) WebServer.
[...]