Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] faking dissect_snmp...

From: Florian Lohoff <flo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 19:06:20 +0100
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 02:27:41PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> > It might be worthwhile to have a fake SNMP dissector enabled when the SNMP
> > libraries are not included.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.
>
> (Long term, as I think I mentioned a while ago, we should build an SNMP
> dissector that doesn't use SNMP libraries to dissect packets - build it
> atop some ASN.1 code that could be used by *other* protocol dissectors,
> e.g. an LDAP dissector.  I have such a beast that seems to work, but it
> currently lacks any code to read MIB files....)

Dont care on MIB parsing - There are conveters available which
build much more useful output - Like "mosy" ...

Flo
PS: I tried myself to write a MIB parser a couple of years ago *arghl*
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@xxxxxxxxxx		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is