Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] faking dissect_snmp...

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:27:41 -0800 (PST)
> It might be worthwhile to have a fake SNMP dissector enabled when the SNMP
> libraries are not included.

Sounds like a good idea.

(Long term, as I think I mentioned a while ago, we should build an SNMP
dissector that doesn't use SNMP libraries to dissect packets - build it
atop some ASN.1 code that could be used by *other* protocol dissectors,
e.g. an LDAP dissector.  I have such a beast that seems to work, but it
currently lacks any code to read MIB files....)