Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] libdecode

From: Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 06:03:11 +1000
Hi,

I am thinking of libdecode

Libdecode would take a frame and some suggested type info and return to you
as many levels of decode as you asked for or it was capable of.

We might also allow it to try some heuristics in the case that the base
type info was UNKNOWN.

The sorts of things it should return are:

  Proto: xxxxxxx
    Value: iiiii
    Offset: xxxxx
    Len: qqqqq