Table of Contents
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Wireshark crashes if "Update list of packets in real time" is disabled and a display filter is applied while capturing. (Bug 6217)
- Wireshark relative ISN set incorrectly if raw ISN set to 0. (Bug 10713)
- Buffer overrun in encryption code. (Bug 10849)
- ICMP Parameter Problem message contains Length of original datagram is treated as the total IPv4 length. (Bug 10991)
- ICMP Redirect takes 4 bytes for IPv4 payload instead of 8. (Bug 10992)
- Interface Identifier incorrectly represented by Wireshark. (Bug 11053)
- Annoying popup when trying to capture on bonding devices on Linux. (Bug 11058)
- CanOpen dissector fails on frames with RTR and 0 length. (Bug 11083)
- Typo in secp521r1 curve wrongly identified as sect521r1. (Bug 11106)
- packet-zbee-zcl.h: IS_ANALOG_SUBTYPE doesn’t filter ENUM. (Bug 11120)
- Typo: "LTE Positioning Protocol" abbreviated as "LPP", not "LLP". (Bug 11141)
ASN.1 PER, CANopen, GSM RLC/MAC, GSMTAP, ICMP, IEEE 802.11, LPP, MEGACO, PKCS-1, PPP IPv6CP, SRVLOC, SSL, TCP, WCP, X11, and ZigBee ZCL
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
The 64-bit Windows installer does not support Kerberos decryption. (Win64 development page)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Summary pane selected frame highlighting not maintained. (Bug 4445)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)