Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] OID resolution

From: Glenn Andrews <gjandrews35@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:18:31 -0400
Perhaps wireshark should go back to the net-snmp for OID handling ?
Does Riverbed have any resources that could be brought to bare on libsmi ?

Glenn

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:38:44 +0000 (UTC), rahel wrote:

Wireshark version: Version 1.7.0-SVN-38133 (SVN Rev 38133 from /trunk)
Executable: wireshark-win64-1.7.0-SVN-38133.exe
Download site: http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win64/ [1]

Server OS: Windows 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition SP2

Issue: When I check Edit->Preferences->Name Resolution->Enable OID
resolution,
this error returned:

"Stopped processing module SNMPv2-SMI due to error(s) to prevent
potential crash
in libsmi.
Module's conformance level: 1.
See details at: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560325
[2]"

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Also tick 'Suppress SMI errors' to stop this warning from popping up.

It would be really helpful to have OID resolution in wireshark (64 bit).

This depends on a 64bit build of libsmi, which is currently under development elsewhere.

Thanks,
Jaap