Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Basic question about Wireshark

From: "Boonie" <newsboonie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:32:56 +0200
Hi Frank,

No, your router will be behaving like a switch and will not send all packets to all machines. Therefore you will not see the packets in this setup.

You might want to have a look on the wireshark wiki pages. Here is a good link.

http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Ethernet

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Walter" <francwalter@xxxxxxx>