Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Basic question about Wireshark

From: "Frank Walter" <francwalter@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:59:57 +0200
Hello,

I am just a wireshark beginner and don't know basic things. I have this question:

When I sniff a Wireless Network, will I be able to sniff packets of the same network but sent not wireless but by cable (LAN)?
Vice versa, when I sniff with my LAN Network adapter will I see wireless packets in the same network?

I have a router with wireless and LAN. I have connected my laptop with wireless and my PC with cable in the same network.
I want to see the data of each other with Wireshark. Is this possible?

Thank you for clarification.

franc