Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to read plain text data using sniffer

From: Tal Bar-Or <tbaror@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:47:15 +0300
Hi,

you can do follow tcp or udp session option in Wireshark gui and read the data in clear text

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a slim chance that "text2pcap" might help you (ships with
Wireshark - documentation for it is available with the rest of
Wireshark documentation).  However, the amount of information that
tool, or ANY tool can extract from a given text-based capture is
pretty limited.  Depending on what generated the output, you might
have very limited info (nothing beyond, say, IP addresses and packet
lengths, perhaps).

Instead, in MOST cases the better thing is spending your time finding
a way to go back and collect the info again in a binary format.