Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Why does Wireshark Lettering turn White?

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:06:07 +1100
Lior Zarfati wrote:
> That is something I've come across a lot when you use 256 colors in your
> RDP settings (when connecting remotely to a server/client).
>
> You should change your settings to something with more colors and
> WireShark will look much better. J

Depending on what version of Windows he's running, RDP may only support
8 bit colour, or the administrators may have restricted it to 8 bit.

You could grab the last version of Wireshark compiled for GTK1. That
does not have the same colour depth problems. GTK2 expects (I might say
demands) more than 8 bit colour.

                -- Dr. Who