Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [Off-Topic] Packet Dump Decode 0.1

From: Srivats P <pstavirs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:59:03 +0530
Introducing Packet Dump Decode 0.1
<http://code.google.com/p/pdd/>

Packet Dump Decode (pdd) is a simple convenient GUI wrapper around the
Wireshark/Ethereal tools to convert packet hexdumps into well
formatted xml containing the decoded protocols and protocol contents

Using pdd, you just need to copy-paste the hexdump into pdd and hit
the "Decode" button.

NOTE: pdd is only a wrapper around the Wireshark/Ethereal tools and
hence needs either (but at least one) to be already installed.

Posted by: Srivats P. (developer, pdd)

----

Personal Note:
As a networking software developer, I work with packet hexdumps
frequently using the Wireshark tools to analyze them - these tools
have existed in Wireshark (and earlier Ethereal) for a very long time;
the only "value-add" pdd has is that it improves my work flow