Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP Relative Sequence Options

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:09:12 +0100
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:37:36PM +0530, Ekta Ahuja wrote:

>    Analysis of a data using Wireshark on Windows gives me an option of
>    enabling/disabling (Under Edit->Preferences->Protocol->TCP)  to
>    enable/disable the TCP Relative Sequencing.
>    Now If I have to use this option on my unix box (command Line). What
>    Parameter do i need to append to enable this feature.
>
>    e.g.
>
>    <wireshark binary>  -r < filename> -T psml -t ad
>    should i append " -o tcp.seq:1 ".

$ tshark -G currentprefs | grep "^tcp"
tcp.summary_in_tree: TRUE
tcp.check_checksum: FALSE
tcp.desegment_tcp_streams: TRUE
tcp.analyze_sequence_numbers: TRUE
tcp.relative_sequence_numbers: TRUE
tcp.track_bytes_in_flight: TRUE
tcp.calculate_timestamps: TRUE
tcp.try_heuristic_first: TRUE
tcpencap.tcp.port: 10000
$

So, you could use -o "tcp.relative_sequence_numbers: TRUE"

Cheers,
    Sake