Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTP Decode

From: "sandeep nitta" <sandeep.nitta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:07:47 +0530
Hi Nivaldo, if i understand it correctly, you are dumping SIP related messages in a trace file, then analyze the call for RTP, save the audio.

First,

tcpdump -p -n -s 0 host 192.168.240.10 and udp > trace.cap

would not give you a trace.cap which will be in a format that wireshark/tcpdump can understand.
trace.cap will have output similar to what you get when you read a capture file using -r switch.

Second,

i would suggest use -w switch to dump SIP related data into a file
From this file, extract the media ports (using tshark)
then read only media related information which goes on these ports into a separate file, which should render you the audio.

Thanks,
Sandeep Nitta