Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] idl2wrs

From: "Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA)" <abdullah.sowayan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:32:02 -0400
Hi,

I downloaded the source of WireShark from the SVN repo and built it under Windows XP. I'm not having any luck at all using the wireshark_be with omniorb. I copied the WireShark related files into a local directory (C:\remedy\wire)

I first ran the following command:

C:\remedy\wire>c:\Middleware\omniORB-4.1.2\bin\x86_win32\omniidl.exe -p C:\remedy\wire -b wireshark_be Foo.idl
omniidl: Could not import back-end 'wireshark_be'
omniidl: Maybe you need to use the -p option?
omniidl: (The error was 'No module named tempfile')

Then I ran the following command:

C:\remedy\wire>set PYTHONPATH=C:\Python25\Lib
C:\remedy\wire>c:\Middleware\omniORB-4.1.2\bin\x86_win32\omniidl.exe -p C:\remedy\wire -b wireshark_be Foo.idl
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\os.py", line 39
    return [n for n in dir(module) if n[0] != '_']
                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any idea of why this isn't working?

Thanks,