Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Packet Capture & Personal Firewalls

From: "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:27:43 +0100
I thought this did not matter as Wireshark puts the NIC card in promiscuous mode and hence the IP address of the PC is irrelevant unless you want to things such as pings. However, some people think otherwise.

Are there any problems doing a capture on a WinXP machine that has a personal firewall such as ZoneAlarm running on it?