Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] IP protocol fragmentation

From: Martin Pyne <mpyne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:21:22 -0700
I've been experiencing some interesting issues lately regarding a NFS scan I did released. There are several packets that, when the "Reassemble fragmented IP diagrams" option is selected in Preferences -> IP, show under "Info" "Fragmented IP protocol (proto=UDP 0x11, off=0)". When that option is deselected, the packets show "V3 READ Reply (Call In 2941532) Len: 32768[Unreassembled]". I'm not sure quite what to make of this, and I was wondering if anybody knew how to interpret this?

Martin Pyne

Martin C. Pyne                        Harvey Mudd College, Class of 2009
DAC Secretary                         Staff, Computer Science Department
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
		-- The Doctor