Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Building for WinXP and Win2K

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:30:45 +0100
McCabe John G wrote:
> FWIW - I saw this with a few apps I built recently on VS2k5 and copied across to a Win2k system that hadn't had VS 2k5 installed on it. When I installed VS2k5 the problem went away which suggests it's something to do with the libraries that the app is being linked with. I didn't get to the bottom of the problem though, but maybe this will help as a pointer.
>
> John

Dependency Walker from http://www.dependencywalker.com/ is a useful tool for
determining what's up in these situations.

It seems though as there is a problem with the executable and W2K doesn't like
something in the PE header.  Unfortunately no-one who has had the problem has
come back with the solution.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice