Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MATE transformations

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 22:12:00 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
> I think I know what might be triggering the bug.
>
> I noticed that :
> Pdu radius_pdu Proto radius Transport udp/ip {
>   Extract port From tcp.port; <====== shouldn't this be udp.port !?!?!?
> };
>
> If this fixes the crash I can try to reproduce it with my own captures.

Unfortunately it doesn't fix the crash. :-((

BUT, I found one more hint: I have also enabled Lua on my Windows
installation. If I disable Lua, WS does not crash any more. So, it must
be a Lua/MATE interworking problem.

I do have access to a box with a MS Visual Studio 2005 installation. If
I can produce a backtrace in Windows with this tool, I'm happy to do so.
You'd just need to tell me what to do...

> Any way you'll find another problem :
> Most probably radius uses the same port (src and dst) but you try to
> match for the Gop on a pair of ports (Which is OK).
[...]

Thanks a lot. I would have searched for this problem probably quite a
long time in the next days.

Bernhard