Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MATE transformations

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:11:18 +0200
I think I know what might be triggering the bug.

I noticed that :
Pdu radius_pdu Proto radius Transport udp/ip {
 Extract port From tcp.port; <====== shouldn't this be udp.port !?!?!?
};

If this fixes the crash I can try to reproduce it with my own captures.

Any way you'll find another problem :
Most probably radius uses the same port (src and dst) but you try to
match for the Gop on a pair of ports (Which is OK).

If  the ports are the same radius_pdu has only one port attribute (one
charachtesistic of AVPLs is that there cannot be duplicate AVPs) you
need to add a second avp for port whenever there's only one, or else
it will never match.

Transform rad_port {
	Match (port, port); // we got two ports that's it!
	Insert (port=0); // we got one port only add a dummy second port
};

and then  apply the transform to radius_pdu.

Luis

Luis,

Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
> Can you run it under a debugger and get a backtrace
>
> $ gdb /path_to/tshark
> (gdb) run -V -q file.cap
> -- crashes in the meanwhile
> (gdb) bt

I now upgraded my Linux WS to a self-built 0.99.5. I still cannot
reproduce the error with Linux. With Windows, the crash is reproducible.

Any ideas?

Bernhard