Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Windows leaking packets that Wireshark doesn't detect!

From: "Surg Junk" <surg.junk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:09:55 +0800
Hi All,

A few days ago I noticed on the status page of my wireless connection that I was constantly sending packets, far more packets than I was receiving. Believing this to be suspicious I ran virus and spyware scans, disabled any unnecessary services, ended any process I knew I didn't require but still couldn't trace the cause of the leaky packets.

I then used wireshark thinking this would definitely lead me to the source of the packets but having ran the scan a number of times, it doesn't produce any results. That's not to say wireshark isn't working. If I start up internet explorer or irc, wireshark immediately captures and displays the packets but if I just have wireshark capturing and nothing else running, I can see the sent packets going up on the wireless connection status page but nothing is captured.

Any help would be appreciated!