Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Dissector and Packets Bytes Pane

From: "Les Bowditch" <les.bowditch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:28:10 -0600

Well…..

From Dictionary.com:

dis·sect       (dĭ-sěkt', dī-, dī'sěkt')  Pronunciation Key
tr.v.   dis·sect·ed, dis·sect·ing, dis·sects

  1. To cut apart or separate (tissue), especially for anatomical study.
  2. To examine, analyze, or criticize in minute detail: dissected the plan afterward to learn why it had failed. See Synonyms at analyze.

As for Packet Bytes, this is what is contained in the payload of the packet.

For some knowledge about TCP packet structures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol#TCP_segment_structure

Hope this helps….Les