Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] missing NTP packets

From: Dean Toth <dean_toth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:00:19 +0000

 I am having problems seeing NTP packets. I have a network of hpux workstations that are all synced with NTP. I can see the NTP packets leaving the server and arriving at the clients via an HP tool nettladm. But wiresharek (or and older version of Ethereal does not list any NTP packets on the network). I have a multi switch configuration but workstaitons in both switches are synced with the NTP server. I am running wireshark on my laptop that has a 3Com EtherLink NIC using Microsofs Packet Scheduler. Is there some type of limitation with this schedular. Can any one help me out. Thank you.