Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark new protocol for IPv6

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:43:14 -0700
On Sep 30, 2011, at 7:56 AM, Nadir BENOUHOUD wrote:

> I work on developing a new protocol (Q-ESP6) that provides security and QoS inIPv6, the protocol was developed in 2009 under IPv4 (Q-ESP) in wireshark as a plug-in.

Is that

	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mostafa-qesp-00

> and to test my work I must develop an IPv6 wireshark plug-in.

Does this protocol have a protocol ID number that would be used in the "protocol" field of the IPv4 header and the "next header" field in IPv6?

If so, the same plugin would be used for IPv4 and IPv6; it would look at, for example, the source address to see whether it's an IPv4 or IPv6 address if it has to dissect differently for IPv4 and IPv6.