Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] performing cpu/time intensive computation in a protocol dissecto

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:52:09 +0200
Use the best of both worlds?

Don't include the code in Wireshark.
Wireshark is the reliable protocol analyser, which still can be used on corporate
networks.
Avoid discussions whether or not Wireshark has become a "hacking tool".

ODOH
There will be circumstances in which you want to / need to use these features.
Perhaps the solution is to create a seperate product with a different name.
You can add all the code, including the decryption of SSL traffic.

So there are 2 different products.
I think this will make clear to people/companies, what they are using.

GRTZ
Joan